Tilapia Skinless (Frozen)
A versatile, mild flavoured, skinless, boneless fish fillet - perfect for all the family.
Skinless fillets of Tilapia supplied individually quick frozen - a sustainable farmed species with a mild flavour that offers versatility in the kitchen - can be fried, grilled or baked.
- Ingredients (Allergens in capitals)
- Tilapia (FISH) protective ice glaze, stabiliser E331
- Net Weight
- Farmed in China/ Oreochromis niloticus
- Average serving
- 4-6 fillets per Kg
- Storage use by (fresh)
- Storage Use By (frozen)
- NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION: ( Per 100g ) Energy 85(Kcals) Fat 1.5 g of which saturates 0.3g Carbohydrate 0g of which sugars 0g Protein 17.8g Salt 0.8g
- Serving Suggestions
- Tilapia can be prepared in a wide variety of ways - try topping with a grated cheese and mayo mix and topping with crushed potato crisps - bake at 200°C for 10-15 minutes until cooked through. Or why not try using crushed Ritz crackers in place of normal breadcrumbs for a crispy coating - add some chilli for a zing! As with all fish avoid overcooking to ensure the fish stays moist and tasty. This fish makes perfect fish and chips!- slice the fillets into strips and dip in a prepared batter (Self Raising Flour with seasoning plus water and a splash of vinegar to make a coating batter) then deep fry (180°C) until golden and crunchy. Serve with chips and peas with a wedge of lemon - delicious!