Cape Hake Fillets 1kg (Frozen)
Top quality, Skinned and Boned Cape Hake Fillets.
Frozen at sea within a couple of hours of catch to ensure freshness, flavour and texture is 'locked in'!
Surprisingly high in Omega-3's - 1,218mg per 140g compared to the 342mg found in cod!
This really versatile fish boasts a distinct flavour and firm texture and makes an economical substitute for the more common whitefish varieties.
- Ingredients (Allergens in capitals)
- Hake (FISH), water as protective ice glaze
- Net Weight
- Mercluccius capensis/SE Atlantic FAO 47/Trawls
- Average serving
- Roughly 5-8 fillets
- Storage Use By (frozen)
- Refer to packaging
- Per 100g 97 k cal 0.9g fat 0g sat fat 0 1g carb 0g sugars 0g fibre 17.1g protein 0.2g salt
- Serving Suggestions
- Cook as cod, grill/ oven bake/ microwave. Can cook from frozen just add a little extra time to the cooking time. Recipe suggestion - Sprinkle with salt and coat evenly on both sides with crushed mixed peppercorns. Shallow fry in olive oil for 5 minutes each side. For further inspiration, check out our recipe library. Hake works well in most white fish dishes!
- Related Recipes
- Spicy Hake with Chickpeas and Spinach