Spicy Hake with Chickpeas and Spinach
Suggested cooking methodsMicrowave
- Place the onion, chilli, carrot and celery into a microwaveable bowl with a spray of oil. Cover and cook on high for 5 minutes until vegetables are soft.
- Stir in the ginger and turmeric. Add the hot stock, chickpeas, tomatoes and peas followed by the pieces of fish.
- Cover and cook on high for a further 5 minutes or until the fish is cooked and flaky.
- Add the spinach, stirring gently to prevent the fish from breaking up and cook for a further minute until the spinach is wilted.
- Ladle into shallow bowls and sprinkle with chilli flakes and chopped coriander to taste.
- 2 Cape Hake Fillets skinned & cut into bite size pieces
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 celery stick, diced
- Fresh root ginger, peeled and grated – 1 heaped tsp
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 250ml vegetable stock, hot
- 200g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 200g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 75g frozen Peas
- 100g Baby Spinach Leaves
- Low fat Oil Spray