Speedy Fish Curry
Suggested cooking methodsOven
- Lightly spray a frying pan with oil and cook the onion, apple and garlic until soft – keep the heat low to avoid burning the garlic.
- Add the curry powder followed by the boiling water, tomato puree, sugar and bay leaf.
- Cook gently for 10 minutes before adding the fish and continue to cook for 5 minutes or until the fish is cooked through.
- Remove the bay leaf and gently stir through the crème fraiche.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Garnish with chopped coriander if liked and serve with brown basmati rice.
Tip: If the fish has broken up during the cooking process, stir the fish and sauce through the rice to produce a biriyani style curry!
- 300g Fresh Cod Fillets Skinned and Boned
- Spray of oil
- ½ tsp garlic, crushed
- ½ Onion, finely chopped
- ½ Apple, chopped
- 1 tsp curry powder (mild or medium)
- 200ml boiling water
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1 tbsp reduced fat crème fraîche
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Lemon juice