Smoked Mackerel Fishcakes
Suggested cooking methodsOven
- Preheat the oven to 200C or gas mark 6.
- Grease or line a baking tray.
- Remove the skin from the mackerel and break into flakes.
- Chop the parsley and spring onions.
- Mix the mackerel, parsley, spring onions and sweetcorn into the mashed potato. Allow to cool.
- Beat the egg in a shallow bowl.
- Pour the breadcrumbs in a shallow bowl.
- Dust hands and a chopping board with flour and divide the fish cake mixture into eight.
- Shape into round flat cake.
- Dip each fish cakes into the egg and then into the breadcrumbs. Repeat with all the cakes. Place in the fridge and chill for up to 30 minutes.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until golden.
- 88g Instant pack mashed potato (made up)
- 2 smoked mackerel fillets
- 1 x 15ml spoon parsley
- 3 spring onions
- 100g canned sweetcorn, drained
- 1 egg
- 125g breadcrumbs