Smoked Haddock & Spinach Risotto
Suggested cooking methodsOther
- Place the fish in a microwaveable bowl, cover and cook on high for 3 minutes or until just cooked. Alternatively poach the fish in milk, drain and reserve the fish.
- In a pan, fry the leeks in the olive oil until soft and golden. Add the garlic and rice for a further 2 minutes and stir until the rice looks translucent.
- Add the stock or water a little at a time, stirring the rice as the liquid is absorbed.
- Stir through the Crème Fraiche and peas and place the spinach on top.
- Cover with lid and leave on very low heat to allow the spinach to gently steam cook – this will only take a minute or so.
- Stir the spinach through the rice then add the cooked fish pieces. Stir carefully to avoid breaking up the fish and heat through gently.
- Taste and season with lemon juice and black pepper. Sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese to serve.
- 1 fillet Regal Traditional Smoked Haddock Boned, skinned and cut into bite sized pieces.
- 1 leek, sliced and washed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 cup risotto rice
- 3 cups hot vegetable stock or water ( Try replacing 1 cup of stock/water with white wine)
- 2 tbsp crème fraiche
- Good handful baby spinach
- ½ cup frozen peas - defrosted
- Juice ½ a lemon
- Parmesan cheese, grated