Sizzling Seared Scallops
Suggested cooking methodsOther
1. Wash the potatoes, chop into 3cm chunks and cook in a pan of boiling salted water for 12 minutes, or until tender, adding the peas for the last 3 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, pick and finely chop most of the mint leaves and put aside.
3. Place a non-stick frying pan on a medium-high heat. Once hot, put 1 tablespoon of olive oil and the remaining mint leaves in to crisp up for 1 minute, then scoop the leaves on to a plate, leaving the oil behind.
4. Season the scallops with sea salt and black pepper and fry for 2 minutes on each side, or until golden. Crumble in the black pudding (discarding the skin) so it crisps up alongside.
5. Drain the peas and potatoes, return to the pan, mash well with the chopped mint and 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, taste and season to perfection.
6. Plate up with the scallops and black pudding, drizzle lightly with extra virgin olive oil, and sprinkle over the crispy mint.
Recipe Courtesy of @judgemyjamie
400 g potatoes
200 g frozen peas
½ a bunch of fresh mint (15g)
6-8 raw scallops
50 g firm higher-welfare black pudding