Simple Seafood Tagine
Suggested cooking methodsPanFry
- Boil the kettle and pour the cous cous into a bowl, cover with boiling water, squeeze over the juice from half the lemon. Cover the bowl with a plate and leave to stand.
- In a pan or wok, add a splash of vegetable oil and heat up.
- Add the chilli, garlic and chopped basil along with the cumin and cinnamon.
- Stir together and cook the spices for a couple of minutes before adding cubes of fish on top of the spice mix.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and frozen peas plus the juice of the other half lemon.
- Bring it to the boil then turn down heat to gentle simmer and put a lid on the pan.
- Add raw king prawns (if desired) and cook for around 5 minutes until the seafood is cooked through.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Fluff up the couscous and season to taste – add some chopped coriander leaves if desired.
- Spoon the cous cous into a shallow dish and top with the fish tagine.