Salmon Burgers with Not Quite Mayo
Suggested cooking methodsOven
- Place the salmon, breadcrumbs, egg white, onion and basil into a food processor and pulse until combined - do not overmix as it is best to retain some texture. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Divide the mixture into four portions and shape each portion into a burger shape. Place onto a plate and transfer to the fridge to chill.
- Spray oil in a large frying pan, heat and then add the burgers and seal on each side.
- Place the burgers on baking sheet (sprayed with a little oil) and cook @200°C/Gas mark 6 for 10 - 15 minutes until cooked through.
- For the dressing simply mix the ingredients together to form a smooth cream.
- Serve with salad garnish in a bread bun with ‘mayo’ and potato wedges.
Slimmer's tip - ditch the bread and use large crisp lettuce leaves to make a burger parcel.
- 600g Boned Salmon Fillet, cut into chunks
- 75g Breadcrumbs
- 1 Egg White
- 1 small Onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh Basil, chopped
- Salt & freshly ground Black Pepper
- Cooking oil spray
Not quite mayo:
- 60g Fromage Frais or 0% fat Greek Yogurt
- ½ tsp Dijon Mustard,
- ½ tsp Lemon Juice,
- 15g low fat Soft Cheese
- Seasoning to taste.