Quick Smoky Fish Pate
Suggested cooking methods
- Remove skin and bones from the fish and flake the flesh into a bowl.
- Beat in the cheese, lemon juice and butter until pate is soft and smooth. This can be carried out in a food blender if required - blend to the desired consistancy.
- Stir in the parsley and chill before serving
Serving suggestion - Serve with toast and salad
Tip: You may wish to add a tsp of horseradish for extra flavour
Slimmer’s tip – Leave out the butter if you are watching the waistline
- 2 x Regal Smoked Mackerel Fillets
- 1 x 200g tub low fat soft cream cheese or quark
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 40g butter melted
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped