Pan-fried Salmon with Wilted Iceberg Lettuce
Suggested cooking methodsPanFry
Allergens in Bold
1. Dissolve 4 tablespoonsful of sugar in 2 tablespoonsful of hot water, with 3
tablespoonsful of rice vinegar and 2 tablespoonsful of Vodka (may contain Gluten).
2. Add 1 tablespoonsful each of light and dark Soya sauce to the mix.
3. Add half a teaspoonful each of chopped garlic and ginger, a pinch of ground black
pepper and mix well.
4. Marinade the Salmon (Fish) (skin on, scales off) for in this mixture for at least
30min, turning occasionally.
5. Heat a dash of oil in a frying pan (need a good non-stick one), and fry the Salmon
skin side down first for about 5min until the skin is crispy.
6. Turn the fish over and fry for a couple of minutes.
7. Lift the fish off the pan and set aside.
8. Add the marinade to the pan and simmer to evaporate the liquid.
9. Return the fish, flesh side down to the pan, so that it can continue to cook while the
marinade is being reduced.
10.When the marinade has been reduced to the consistency of a light syrup, lift the fish
off the pan onto a serving dish.
11.Add finely chopped spring onions to the pan and wilt slightly, before pouring the
reduced marinade with spring onion over the fish and serve.
12.Sprinkle with Toasted Sesame Seeds and chopped spring onion.
13.Serve with plain boiled rice and Wilted Iceberg Lettuce.
14.Drizzle some of the sauce over boiled rice if desired.
Wilted Lettuce Recipe and Method
(Allergens in Bold.)
1. Dice an Iceberg lettuce into chunks.
2. Put a layer of lettuce in a big bowl suitable for use in a microwave oven.
3. Sprinkle some vegetable oil and a pinch of salt over the lettuce.
4. Continue to add more layers of lettuce in the same way until finish.
5. Cover the bowl with a cling film and microwave on high for 3 minutes until wilted
(approximately 3 minutes depending on the power output of the microwave).
6. When done, remove cling film, and drizzle some Oyster sauce (Molluscs, Wheat)
over the wilted lettuce and mix well before serving.
7. Can be eaten cold as a salad.
Recipe Courtesy of DK's Kitchen Devizes
4 tbsp Sugar
3 tbsp Rice Vinegar
2 tbsp Vodka
1tbsp Light Soy Sauce
1 tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
Serving Suggestion: Serve with Boiled White Rice