Omelette Arnold Bennett Regal Style
Suggested cooking methodsMicrowave
- Place the smoked fish in a microwaveable dish, cover and cook in the microwave on hight for approx 3 minutes until the fish is just cooked. Alternatively poach the fish in water or milk until cooked.
- Drain off any liquid and flake the fish, removing any skin and bones.
- Mix together the creme fraiche and the cream cheese and fold through the fish.
- In a bowl whisk together the eggs for the omelette.
- Add a splash of oil to a frying pan and heat gently then pour in the beaten eggs and cook gently until just starting to set.
- Spread over the fish mixture and sprinkle with the grated cheese.
- Place under a hot grill and cook until the fish is heated through and the cheese is golden and bubbling.
- Leave to settle for a minute before garnishing with chopped parsley and slicing into wedges.
Serve with crispy green side salad.