Suggested cooking methodsOven
- Skin and pin-bone the trout fillet and place in a shallow, greased dish.
- Place the finely diced shallot with a little butter in a small pan and cook until soft. This can be done in the microwave if required by placing the shallot and butter in a microwaveable dish and cooking on high for approx 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped tinned tomatoes and torn basil to the cooked shallot, mix and season to taste.
- Spread the mixture over the trout fillet, scatter with a few pine nuts and oven-bake at 200°C/Gas Mark 6 for about 10-15 minutes until cooked through.
Suggestion - Serve with new potatoes and seasonal vegetables
- 1 Trout fillet
- ¼ tin chopped tomatoes
- A small handful basil leaves torn
- 1 finely dice shallot
- Handful pine nuts if desired