Suggested cooking methodsPanFry
- Place the fish in a shallow pan and cover with water and lemon slices. Bring to a gentle simmer and then poach gently for 5-10 minutes or until the fish is cooked. Revove the fish from the liquid, drain and then flake removing any stray bones if any.
- Meanwhile heat the oil in a frying pan and gently fry the chopped onion until soft then add the curry paste/powder and continue to cook for a furher minute.
- Add the cooked rice, cooked flaked fish and cream if using and stir together gently. Garnish with the hard boiled eggs and chopped parsley.
- 500g Traditional Smoked Haddock Boned or Traditional Smoked Cod Boned
- 200g long grain rice, cooked as per packet instructions
- 1 medium onion, chopped finely
- 2 tsp curry paste or powder
- 60ml of cream (optional but will give a nice creamy texture)
- 2 hard boiled eggs, chopped lengthways
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 tbsp oil
- Handful chopped parsley