Judge my Jamies take on Jamie Olivers Killer Kedgeree from 15 minute meals
Suggested cooking methods
1. Fill the frying pan with boiling water, add the eggs, bay leaves and smoked fish, then reduce to a simmer. Refill and boil the kettle.
2. Finely chop or slice the peeled ginger, chilli, trimmed spring onions and coriander (reserving
a few leaves).
3. Put the mustard seeds and turmeric into the casserole pan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and when they pop, scrape in the chopped veg from the board, stirring regularly.
4. Line the beans up and cut off the stalks, put into the medium pan with a pinch of salt, then cover with boiling water and the lid.
5. Line up your chard leaves, cut off and slice the stalks and add the stalks to the beans.
6. Stir the cooked rice, peas and the juice from 1 lemon into the casserole pan.
7. Add the chard leaves to the beans for a minute.
8. Ripple the yoghurt, chilli sauce and the juice of 1/2 a lemon together in a bowl.
9. Drain the greens and leave to steam dry ~ Use a fish slice to remove the smoked fish from the pan, flake it into the rice, discarding the skin, stir and mix up beautifully, then season to taste
10. Peel the eggs under the cold tap and cut into quarters, place around the kedgeree pan and scatter over the reserved coriander leaves.
11. Dress the greens on a board with the extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice, then season to taste and serve.
Follow @judgemyjamie on instagram for more inspiration
2 large eggs
4 fresh bay leaves
400g of any undyed smoked
white fish fillets, scaled and
1 thumb-sized piece of ginger
1/2 fresh red chilli
1 bunch of spring onions
1 bunch of fresh coriander
2 heaped tsp mustard seeds
2 heaped tsp turmeric
2x 250g packs of brown
300g frozen peas
200g fine green beans
1 big bunch of chard
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/2 a lemon
3 tbsp fat-free natural yoghurt
1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
1/2 a lemon