Hot and Sour King Prawns
Suggested cooking methodsPanFry
- Spray a wok with spray oil and lightly stir fry the vegetables, garlic, chilli and ginger until they are starting to soften but still retain some bite.
- Add the chopped coriander, stock, soy sauce, fish sauce and chopped tomatoes and bring to the boil.
- Add the king prawns and stir well, making sure the liquid covers the prawns.
- Place a lid on top of the pan and simmer for a few minutes until the prawns are pink and cooked through.
- Add the rice noodles and cook for a further couple of minutes to heat through.
- Serve immediately in a bowl with chopped chilli, coriander garnish and lime wedges to squeeze over.
- 250g defrosted Peeled and Deveined raw King Prawns
- Spray light oil
- 1 Clove garlic
- 4 spring onions - crushed or finely chopped
- 4 baby sweetcorn - diagonally cut
- Small handful Mange tout - diagonally cut
- Couple stalks sprouting Brocolli - thinly sliced
- 1 red chilli - deseeded and thinly sliced
- 500ml stock (veg or chicken)
- 2 tsp root ginger
- 200g tin tomatoes
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- Dash fish sauce
- Fresh Rice noodles
- Lime wedges
- 1 handful fresh coriander - chopped