Flatfish with Oranges
Suggested cooking methodsMicrowave
- Prepare the fillets by removing the skin and any remaining bones and rolling the fillets with the skinned side inside starting at the head end and rolling towards the tail. Arrange the rolls of fish in a shallow dish suitable for the microwave.
- Dot with butter and spoon over the mandarin oranges.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice, cover and cook on high for approximately 4 minutes.
- Leave to stand covered for 2 minutes. Season, sprinkle with almonds and cayenne pepper if using.
Serving suggestion: Garnish with parsley before serving with mashed potatoes and green vegetables.
Tip: Alternatively cover and bake at 190°C/GM 5 for 15-20 minutes.
- 4 Fresh Boned Plaice Fillets or Boned lemon sole fillets when in season
- Frozen Plaice Fillets or Frozen Lemon Sole Fillets are available year round Defrost before use.
- 15g (1/2oz) butter
- 1 x 300g can Mandarin oranges, in natural juice, drained
- 1 x 15ml spoon (1 tbsp) lemon juice
- Salt and black pepper
- 30g (1oz) flaked almonds or chopped mixed nuts, toasted
- Pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- Chopped parsley, to garnish, (optional)