Flaming Garlic and Whisky King Prawns
Suggested cooking methodsPanFry
1. Melt the butter over a gentle heat in a large frying pan and then
add the minced garlic. Sauté the garlic for about 1 minute.
2. Add the king prawns and turn up the heat - sauté them for about
3- 5 minutes, turning them constantly until they are a vivid pink.
3. Add the whisky and heat for about 15 seconds: VERY
CAREFULLY set the whisky alight and shake the pan around -
please be VERY careful!
4. As soon as the flames have died down, serve the hot king
prawns with the garlic and whisky butter, scattering the chopped
parsley on top of them. Season lightly with salt and pepper or
allow the diners to season them themselves.
5. Allow about 2 to 3 per head for a starter and about 4 to 5 per
head for a main meal.
6. Serve with a lemon wedge, crusty bread, assorted salads, rice or
Note: Do take EXTRA care when you flambé the prawns in the whisky!
â— 12 raw king prawns, shell on
â— 4 large garlic cloves, peeled and
â— 50g butter
â— 4 tablespoons Scotch whisky, or
more to taste
â— Salt and black pepper
â— Parsley, finely chopped (to
â— Lemon wedges (to garnish)