Crunchy Baked Haddock
Suggested cooking methodsOven
- Sieve flour and seasoning together in a shallow dish and set aside.
- In a bowl, beat egg whites until light and frothy.
- In another bowl, combine breadcrumbs/crushed croutons with polenta and dried herbs.
- Dip each fish fillet in flour, shaking off any excess, then into egg whites and then into breadcrumb mixture.
- Spray a shallow baking dish with cooking oil. Lay fillets flat in the dish, tucking under any thinner ends or edges for more even cooking.
- Bake in the preheated oven @200°C/Gas Mark 6 for 10 to 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a folk.
Serving Suggestion - Serve with chunky sweet potato wedges and mushy peas
- 2 Fresh Regal Haddock fillets boned
- 2 tbsps plain Flour
- 1 egg white
- 2 tbsps dry breadcrumbs or very finely crushed croutons
- 2 tbsps fine polenta flour or cornmeal
- ½ tsp dried herb of choice.
- Spray cooking oil