Cod and Sweetcorn Pancake
Suggested cooking methodsPanFry
- Make a batter by whisking together the flour, egg and milk to the consistency of single cream. Season to taste.
- Heat splash of oil in a frying pan and gently fry the onion and pepper until softened.
- Add the sweetcorn and chopped fish and continue to fry, stirring all the time until the fish is just cooked through – this will only take a few minutes.
- Pour over the batter mixture and cook over a moderate heat until the base is set and golden brown.
- Carefully slice the pancake out of the frying pan onto a plate. Place another plate of the same size over the pancake and invert then slide the pancake back into the frying pan.
- Continue to cook until the pancakeis cooked through.
Suggestion - Cut into wedges and serve with a side salad.
- 1 cod loin portion defrosted
- 100g plain flour
- 1 egg
- 150ml milk (approx)
- Salt and pepper
- Sweetcorn – small can or handful of frozen defrosted
- 1/2 red pepper chopped
- 1/2 onion chopped
- Oil for frying