This privacy notice describes in detail the types of personal data we may collect about you when you interact with us. It also explains how we'll store and handle that data, and keep it safe.
Your privacy is very important to us and we are committed to using your personal information lawfully and protecting your privacy.
Who Are We?
Regal Fish supplies ltd is a public registered company in the UK.
Our company registration number is 2813471.
Regal Fish Supplies is registered with the Information Commissioner's Office. Our registration number is Z1812495.
On what legal basis do we collect, hold use and/or process personal information?
We will ensure that your personal information is:
- processed lawfully, fairly and transparently
- collected for specific, explicit and legitimate purposes
- adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary for the purpose of the processing
- kept accurate and up to date
- only kept for so long as is necessary
- processed securely using appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure integrity and confidentiality
The law on data protection sets out a number of different reasons for which a company may collect and process your personal data, including:
- In specific situations, we can collect and process your data with your consent.
For example, when you tick a box to specifically give consent to receiving emails or phone calls.
- In certain circumstances, we need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligations.
For example, if you order an item from us for home delivery, we'll collect your address details to enable us to deliver your purchase.
- If the law requires us to, we may need to collect and process your data.
For example, we can pass on details of people involved in fraud or other criminal activity affecting Regal Fish Supplies to law enforcement.
- In specific situations, we require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests.
For example, we may use your purchase history to send you or make available personalised offers. Or if you apply for a position with us we need your details to process your application.
- We also combine the shopping history of many customers to identify trends and ensure we can keep up with demand, or develop new products/services.
When and how do we collect your data?
- When you create an online account with us and use your account to buy products and service.
- When you make an online purchase and check out as a guest
- When you create and account with one of our door to door sales persons and make a purchase.
- When you contact us by phone to create an account and make a purchase.
- When you engage with us on social media.
- When you contact us by any means with queries, complaints etc.
- When you enter prize draws or competitions.
- When you choose to complete any surveys we send you
- When you agree to complete any telephone surveys.
- When you comment on or review our products and services.
- When you fill in any online forms. For example, a recommend a friend form, recruitment form.
- When you fill in any postal forms
What personal data do we collect?
- We will collect your Title, Surname, Billing Address, Delivery Address if different,Landline Telephone number, Mobile telephone number, Email address and orders.
- Details of your interactions with us.
- Payment card information.
- Your comments and product reviews
- Your social media username, if you interact with us through those channels, to help us respond to your comments, questions or feedback.
For example, we collect notes from our conversations with you, details of any complaints or comments you make, details of purchases you made, voucher redemptions, and how best to contact you.
How do we use your personal data and why?
- To process any orders that you make by using our websites, apps or via our call centre. If we don't collect your personal data during checkout or at the end of a call, we won't be able to process your order and comply with our legal obligations.
For example, your details will be used to deliver the product that you ordered and we may keep your details for a reasonable period afterwards in order to fulfil any contractual obligations such as refunds and to inform you of next potential delivery dates available.
- To respond to your queries, refund requests and complaints. Handling the information you sent enables us to respond. We may also keep a record of these to inform any future communication with us and to demonstrate how we communicated with you throughout. We do this on the basis of our contractual obligations to you, our legal obligations and our legitimate interests in providing you with the best service and understanding how we can improve our service based on your experience.
- To protect our business and your account from fraud and other illegal activities. This includes using your personal data to maintain, update and safeguard your account.
For example, by checking your password when you login
- To process payments and to prevent fraudulent transactions. We do this on the basis of our legitimate business interests. This also helps to protect our customers from fraud.
- With your consent, we will use your personal data, preferences and details of your transactions to keep you informed by email and telephone through our call centre about you next available delivery date and relevant products, special offers, discounts, promotions and so on.
- Of course, you are free to opt out of hearing from us by any of these channels at any time.
- To send you relevant, personalised communications by post in relation to updates, offers, services and products. We'll do this on the basis of our legitimate business interest.
- You are free to opt out of hearing from us by post at any time.
- To send you communications required by law or which are necessary to inform you about our changes to the services we provide you. For example, updates to this Privacy Notice, product recall notices, and legally required information relating to your orders. These service messages will not include any promotional content and do not require prior consent when sent by email or text message. If we do not use your personal data for these purposes, we would be unable to comply with our legal obligations.
- To send you survey and feedback requests to help improve our services. These messages will not include any promotional content and do not require prior consent when sent by email or text message. We have a legitimate interest to do so as this helps make our products or services more relevant to you.
- To track online user traffic patterns. We do not correlate this information with data about individual users. We track overall usage statistics according to a user's domain name, IP address, ISP hostname and browser type by reading this information from the browser string. We use tracking information for statistical purposes and to determine which areas of our sites users like and do not like based on traffic to those areas. We do not track what individual users read but rather how well each page performs overall. This helps us continue to build a better service for you.
How we protect your personal data
We know how much data security matters to all our customers. With this in mind we will treat your data with the utmost care and take all appropriate steps to protect it.
We secure access to all transactional areas of our websites using 'https' technology.
Access to your personal data is password-protected, and sensitive data such as payment card information) is secured and tokenized to ensure it is protected.
We regularly monitor our system for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
A brief into VeriFone Security:
"VeriFone is a member of the Payment Card Industry Security Standards Council (PCI SSC), VeriFone is dedicated to ensuring merchants and customers alike are protected against card data fraud. All of VeriFone's solutions incorporate point-to-point encryption, which can help merchants achieve and maintain PCI DSS compliance."
"Added benefits of VeriFone's solutions include tokenisation, which eliminates the need to store sensitive cardholder details by replacing the card details with a unique reference code. For added peace of mind, VeriFone's solutions are also integrated with payer authentication (Verified by Visa and Mastercard SecureCode) which acts as a further layer of protection for the customer."
How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Data?
Whenever we collect or process your personal data, we'll only keep it for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.
At the end of that retention period, your data will either be deleted completely or anonymised, for example by aggregation with other data so that it can be used in a non-identifiable way for statistical analysis and business planning
Some examples of customer data retention periods:
When you place an order, we'll keep the personal data you give us for seven years so we can comply with our legal and contractual obligations.
If you've not used your account for more than five years and we have been unable to contact you to find out if you still wish to remain an active customer we will close the account and delete or anonymise the personal data associated with it when appropriate.
Who do we share your personal data with?
We sometimes share your personal data with trusted third parties who are acting on our behalf to enable us to provide the service we offer.
For example delivery by courier.
Here's the policy we apply to those organisations to keep your data safe and protect your privacy:
- We provide only the information they need to perform their specific services.
- They may only use your data for the exact purposes we specify in our contract with them.
- We work closely with them to ensure that your privacy is respected and protected at all times.
- If we stop using their services, any of your data held by them will either be deleted or rendered anonymous.
Organisations with whom we may share your personal information with include
- APC for the purpose of delivering your order when courier option is chosen
- Verifone for the purpose of processing your card payments
- UK Mail Digital for the purpose of sending out our "Welcome on Board" letters
What are your rights over your personal data?
An overview of your different rights
You have the right to request:
- Basic information (such as our identity, or that of the controller if not us, the reason and basis on which we process your personal data, together with as much information to ensure fairness and transparency) and to be informed
- Object: to object to processing of personal data where such is done by us in certain circumstances, for example for our legitimate interests or direct marketing
- Withdraw consent: to withdraw your previously given consent
- Access: to be aware of and verify the lawfulness of the processing
- Rectification: to correct personal data if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- Erasure: to request the removal or deletion of personal data
- Restrict processing: to restrict the processing of personal data
- Data portability: to obtain and reuse personal data
- Be aware of any automated decision making or profiling, and to request such is restricted
You can contact us to request to exercise these rights at any time as follows:
To ask for your information please contact Regal Fish Supplies Ltd, Ardent Road, Barton upon Humber DN18 5FA, or email email@example.com. To ask for your information to be amended please update your online account if you have one or contact our administration team on 01652662100, or via post or email via the same contact details.
Your right to withdraw consent
Whenever you have given us your consent to use your personal data, you have the right to change your mind at any time and withdraw that consent. You can do this by contacting us with the above contact details.
Where we rely on our legitimate interest
In cases where we are processing your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest, you can ask us to stop for reasons connected to your individual situation.
We must then do so unless we believe we have a legitimate overriding reason to continue processing your personal data.
You have the right to stop the use of your personal data for direct marketing activity through all channels, or selected channels. We must always comply with your request.
Checking your identity
To protect the confidentiality of your information, we will ask you to verify your identity before proceeding with any request you make under this Privacy Notice.
If you have authorised a third party to submit a request on your behalf, we will ask them to prove they have your permission to act.
Contacting the Regulator
If you feel that your data has not been handled correctly, or you are unhappy with our response to any requests you have made to us regarding the use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office.
You can contact them by calling 0303 123 1113.
Or go online to www.ico.org.uk/concerns (opens in a new window; please note we can't be responsible for the content of external websites)
We hope this Privacy Notice has been helpful in setting out the way we handle your personal data and your rights to control it.
If you have any questions that haven't been covered, please contact our Data Protection Officer who will be pleased to help you:
- Email us on Info@regalfish.co.uk
- Call us on 01652662100
- Write to us at Regal fish supplies ltd Ardent Road Barton Upon Humber DN18 5FA