The sun is starting to shine and summer is getting closer every day. If you haven't already, you might be planning a BBQ in the near future. Seafood is a great option at a BBQ and Regal Fish has some great choices, ranging from, Swordfish, Sardines, Salmon and much more. Make the most out of your BBQ and follow these tips when you are grilling fish.
- Cut slits through the skin on both sides of the fish and season inside and out.
- Fill the cavity with sliced citrus and fresh herbs.
- Use indirect heat when cooking a whole fish, then crisp things up with direct heat at the end.
- Preheat your grill on a high setting for 10-15 minutes and brush the cooking grates clean.
- Keep the skin on your fish; it will prevent your fish from falling apart.
- Brush a light coat of oil on the fish to prevent it from sticking to the grates.
- When grilling a filet with skin, grill the flesh side first for 70% of the total cooking time, and then flip it to the skin side for the remainder of the time.
- The most important tip…. Get your fish from Regal Fish! At Regal Fish we sell only high quality fresh and frozen seafood, perfect for any occasion, including a summer BBQ. Check out our BBQ Favourites!
Some of our recommended products include:
- Swordfish Supremes
Skinned and Boned, meaty textured, wild caught Swordfish Supremes perfect for the BBQ!
- Tuna Loin Portions
Fresh Prime Quality Line Caught Tuna Loin Portions. Nothing like tinned tuna! This Tuna is supplied in thick, bone free portions. Rich in Omega-3.
- Freshwater Headless King Prawns
Each prawn is headless cut along the centre of the back which removes the vein and enables the shell to be peeled off the meat easily. Great for BBQ's, stir-fry's and curries!
- Salmon Fillet Boned
Succulent fresh Salmon Fillet with the bones removed for your convenience. Prime quality, fresh, farmed Scottish or Norwegian salmon fillet