Low Fat Creamy Cod Chowder
900ml Skimmed Milk
1 small can Sweetcorn
1 small Onion, finely chopped
1 Bay Leaf (optional)
6 Black Peppercorns
2 tsp Cornflour
Handful fresh Parsley
- Skin the fish fillet and place in a saucepan with the chopped onion, peppercorns and Bay leaf.
- Bring to the boil then simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the fish is cooked.
- Remove the fish and flake into bite sized chunks. Remove and discard the peppercorns and bay leaf.
- Blend the cornflour with a little milk and add to the milk, bring to the boil and simmer until the sauce thickens.
- Add the sweetcorn along with the fish and parsley – warm through.
- Serve piping hot with chunks of wholemeal bread