Tomato Baked Tuna
- 4 portions Regal Tuna, defrosted
- 2 tbsps Olive Oil
- ½ small Onion, diced
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 (400g) tin peeled Plum Tomatoes, chopped, juices reserved
- 2 tbsps Capers, chopped (optional)
- Handful Black Olives, chopped
- 1/4 tsp chopped red chilli
- Handful fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh Lemon Juice
- Preheat oven to 200°C/Gas Mark 6.
- In a medium frying pan, heat olive oil and sauté the onion until tender (approx. 5 minutes).
- Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Stir in the tomatoes and juices, capers (if using), olives, chilli and parsley. Bring to the boil, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Spread a couple spoonfuls of the sauce in the bottom of a baking dish and arrange the fish in a single layer in the dish.
- Drizzle lemon juice over the fish, and then pour the remaining sauce over to cover.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the fish is cooked through. Baste once with the sauce while baking. Fish is done when it flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve with rice and salad.