Tuna with Tomato and Basil Sauce
- 2 x Regal Tuna Loin, defrosted
- 2 tbsps Olive Oil
- 1 tbsps Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp fresh Oregano, chopped
- Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Shallots, finely chopped
- 1 tbsps Red Wine
- 1-2 tsps Sherry Vinegar
- 200g Plum Tomatoes, rough or finely chopped (depending on preference)
- Handful fresh Basil (to taste), chopped
- Salt and Pepper
- Season the fish steaks with pepper.
- Add the oil, lemon juice and oregano in a dish and add the fish steaks, turn to coat. Leave to marinate for at least an hour.
- Pre-heat the grill or BBQ.
- In a frying pan, melt the butter with 1 tbsp of oil, add the shallots and cook until soft.
- Add the wine and vinegar and reduce over a high heat for one minute whilst stirring. Reduce the heat, add the tomatoes and simmer until most of the liquid has evaporated. Stir in the basil, season with salt and pepper and keep warm whilst cooking the fish steaks.
- Grill or BBQ the fish steaks on each side for 3-4 minutes until cooked through.
- Serve with rice and the sauce poured over.