Coconut Encrusted Tuna with Pineapple Salsa
- 4 portions Regal Tuna Steaks, defrosted
- 2 Limes, juice only, with 1 tbsp extra
- 1 large clove Garlic, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp desiccated Coconut
- 4 sprigs Thyme, or enough to give 2 tsps leaves
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 tbsp Butter
For the pineapple salsa:
- 1 small can Pineapple Chunks
- 1 small Onion, finely diced
- 1 small Green Pepper, finely diced
- 1 tsp Sweet Paprika
- 1 tsp White Wine Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- For the salsa, mix the pineapple with the onion, green pepper, paprika, sugar, white wine vinegar and olive oil. Leave on one side while you cook the fish.
- Put the fish in a shallow dish. Combine the juice from 2 limes with the garlic and pour over the fish. Leave on one side to marinate for 1-2 hours.
- Mix the coconut with the thyme leaves and use to coat each fillet on both sides, pressing the coconut down well.
- Heat 2 tbsp vegetable oil in a deep frying pan set over a medium heat. Fry the fish for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden and crisp.
- About a minute before the fish is ready, add the butter and the 1 tbsp. of lime juice to the pan.
- Transfer the fish to warmed plates and pour over any buttery juices. Accompany with the pineapple salsa.