Scallops in Cream
- 200g Regal Roe-less Scallops, defrosted
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Plain Flour, seasoned
- 50g Butter
- 100g Button Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Shallot, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp Dry White Wine
- 125ml Single cream
- Lemon Juice
- Cayenne Pepper
- 2 tbsp Parmesan Cheese
- Halve the scallops (if large) and marinate in the oil and 1 teaspoon of the lemon juice for half an hour. Drain well and toss in flour.
- Fry gently in the butter for about 1 minute then divide equally between 2 shallow heatproof serving dishes or large scallop shells.
Fry the mushrooms and shallots in the butter until softened, then add the wine and reduce well. Stir in the cream and heat gently. Season with salt and cayenne and add a few drops of lemon juice.
Pour over the scallops, sprinkle with the cheese and grill until browned.
Serve hot with salad and crusty white bread or seasonal vegetables.
Serves 2 as a main course