A light and healthy side dish – just add fish and jacket potato
- ½ Red Cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 Carrot, grated or finely shredded
- 2 Red Apples, cored and diced
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Red Onion, grated or shredded
- 100g low fat Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 3 tbsps low fat Mayonnaise
- 3 tbsps Low fat Yoghurt
- 1 Clove Garlic, finely chopped
- Cayenne Pepper to taste
- 1-2 tsps Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Paprika
- Salt & Pepper
- Place the cabbage, carrot, apple, lemon juice, onion and cheese into a large bowl and mix well.
- Make the dressing by mixing together the mayonnaise, yoghurt, garlic and paprika and seasoning to taste with the remaining spices.
- Add the dressing to the vegetables and mix well. Place in a refrigerator to chill for at least 1 hour – this will help the flavours develop.